The pace of our lives is getting faster. Trying to catch everything, we face daily stresses and nervous shocks, which accumulate and eventually lead to breakdowns and deterioration of well-being. And this threatens in the future many chronic diseases, irritability, insomnia and other unpleasant consequences for the health. The best way to relax after a hard day is to take a soothing bath that will help you relieve fatigue, normalize the nervous system and improve the skin.
In certain situations, even doctors recommend taking soothing baths. But to understand this, it is not necessary to go to a specialist. You need a soothing bath in the following cases:
- you are constantly feeling stressed and tired;
- against a background of a malfunction of the nervous system, you notice skin problems;
- you restlessly sleep, often wake up at night or suffer from insomnia;
- you feel constant tension and unceasing anxiety.
However, mandatory indications for taking soothing baths are not always required, because such procedures have a beneficial effect on the body as a whole, strengthening its immune system.
Soothing baths are not only solid pluses. There are also some contraindications, if found, you better refuse to take such baths or treat it with great caution. You should consider whether you should take a soothing bath in the following cases:
- you have increased dryness of the skin: frequent bathing techniques make your skin dry, depriving it of its protective layer;
- you are susceptible to allergies to certain herbal ingredients that may be contained in bath additives;
- you have heart failure or other types of cardiovascular disease;
- you suffer from diabetes mellitus;
- you feel that the body is undergoing an inflammatory process, which is expressed by an increased body temperature;
- you have gynecological diseases associated with inflammation;
- women during pregnancy and menstrual cycle baths are contraindicated in general.
Rules and time of admission
The process of taking a bath should bring you not only the maximum of benefit, but also pleasure. And for this you need to follow certain rules:
- take a soothing bath better at a time when you are sure that nothing will distract you. Ideal bath for the night, it will promote a more sound and peaceful sleep;
- in the bathroom itself there should be comfortable conditions of humidity and temperature;
- take a bath at least two hours before meals or two hours after eating;
- after physical exertion, especially intense, the bath is contraindicated;
- before taking a bath you can wash yourself in the shower beforehand, because soothing baths mean that you will not rub your washcloth with soap and relax. In addition, through the cleansed pores, essential oils and other vegetable additives penetrate the body;
- the water temperature should correspond to body temperature, ideally only a little higher;
- do not be lazy to create an appropriate relaxing atmosphere, for example, with calm music, muted light and pleasant smells;
- Do not rinse after the bath and do not rub yourself with a towel, just pat your skin.
The time of taking baths depends on the water temperature. And she already, in turn, from what purpose you pursue: to cheer up or relax. But you can follow the following recommendations:
- at a water temperature of about 39-40 degrees, limit the time of stay in the bath to 10 minutes, so as not to load the heart again. Such a bath will help improve metabolism, open pores and even have an analgesic effect;
- at a water temperature of 37-38 degrees, you can achieve relaxation and comfort, as well as tune in to the dream to come. 15 minutes in such a bath would be enough;
- cool water of 35-37 degrees promotes active work of the nervous system and skin tone tone. In the morning, these baths will help feel cheerful, so take them quite a short time.
No matter how healthy you are, it's best not to stay in the water for more than 20 minutes.
Consider the main types of baths that will help you calm down and relax.
The bath with valerian will give relaxation to the muscles, help calm the nervous system and restore the heart rate to normal. Do not get carried away with the bath with valerian with low blood pressure. To prepare such a bath, you need:
- prepare about 100 g of ground valerian root;
- pour it with a liter of boiling water;
- on a heated water bath, stir the mixture for 15 minutes;
- give the valerian solution an hour to brew, and then you can add it to the bath.
As an alternative, valerian tincture is also suitable. A bottle of such tincture is applied to 5 liters of water.
Such a bath will fill the lack of vitally important elements for the body. To make such a bath, you need 100 g of sodium iodide and 250 g of potassium bromide, which are mixed in a liter of water. For one bath is enough and 100 ml of solution, that is, literally half a cup. A concentrate can be stored for more than a year in a dark place.
The exclusive benefit of coniferous baths is that they contribute not only to the restoration of the nervous system, but also drive insomnia, strengthen immunity and rejuvenate the body.
Such baths also have a positive effect on the condition of the skin, cardiovascular and respiratory system. With colds and obesity, prepare a bath for the first prescription.
Decoctions for baths can be prepared according to several recipes:
- Infusion of cones. It will take 50 g conifers. It is required to fill them with three liters of hot water and leave the infusion for 40 minutes. After the time has elapsed, it must be filtered and added to the bath. The most favorable temperature of such a bath is not more than 35 degrees.
- Infusion of coniferous branches and cones. Also such combined charges are sold. For 1 kg of collection is 8 liters of water. The infusion is boiled for half an hour, after which it is insisted for another 12 hours under a tightly closed lid.
- Infusion of green coniferous branches. Coniferous branches are poured with boiling water and insist on a water bath for 35 minutes, after which the infusion is filtered. For one bath, 2 liters of infusion is enough.
With essential oils
The bath with essential oils soothes and relaxes the body, tones the skin, giving it firmness. You can use several recipes of soothing baths with essential oils:
- 4-5 drops of mint oil, 2 drops of orange and a couple drops of chamomile;
- a pair of drops of lavender, a drop of lemon and a drop of jasmine;
- a couple of drops of sage and three drops of bergamot;
- a drop of orange, a drop of rose, three drops of sandalwood oil.
Often when taking such baths, it is recommended to mix essential oils in a glass with an emulsifier. Here you can use these recipes:
- takes five drops of neroli, ylang-ylang, orange and magnolia, and half a cup of sea salt is added to the bath. This bath relaxes;
- used five drops of coniferous oil and five drops of tea tree oil, three drops of marjoram and a couple of drops of anise. In the bath itself, add half a glass of dry red wine. Such a bath will help relieve stress and fatigue;
- in 100 ml of creamy cream 6 drops of vanilla oil, 5 drops of sandalwood, 4 drops of geranium oil are bred. This bath is a great option for those who like to meditate.
Baths with sea salt heal the body and produce a soothing effect. In sea salt are trace elements that are necessary for any person, so the benefits of such baths speaks for itself. Certain salt mixtures perfectly help to fight joint and nervous system diseases, and also to recover from injuries. If you mix salt with herbs, the effect will be stronger. Recommended to add and various essential oils.
Combined baths are useful in that the ingredients used in their composition affect the complex, combining the best qualities of these or other components.
For example, there is such a recipe: for 3 liters of boiling water, 50 g of calendula flowers, turns, oregano and mint are taken. The infusion is heated on the water bath for 15 minutes. Then the broth needs to settle for no less than 45 minutes. After that, it can be filtered and added to the bath.
Soothing baths for children
Children, as well as adults, also have stresses, because of which the child can begin to be capricious, and overexcitation entails insomnia. Therefore, doctors recommend calming babies with baths.
They must be carried out in the evening, literally an hour before bedtime. All herbal preparations are available and available in every pharmacy. They will help calm the nervous system and have a positive effect on the skin, for example, to remove irritation or disinfect it. At the same time calming baths for the child will have also a restorative effect, producing a beneficial effect for the whole organism.
Better, if the baths are conducted by the course, and not by chance, then they will really be visible. Do not leave the baby in the bath for more than 10-15 minutes. The optimum water temperature should be close to body temperature.
The following recipes of soothing baths help with poor sleep:
- Take 30 grams of leaves of mint, calendula flowers, oregano and chamomile. Herbs are poured 3 liters of boiling water, insisted for half an hour, and then filtered and added to the bath;
- take 20 grams of valerian root, chamomile flowers and 40 grams of sage and thyme. Pour the herbs 3 liters of boiling water and leave to stand for half an hour. Then decoct the broth and add to the bath;
- take 20 g of calendula flowers and valerian root, 30 g of mint and 40 g of string. According to the same scheme, 3 liters of boiling water are poured over the grass, settled for half an hour, filtered and added to the bath;
- pour 3 liters of boiling water 50 g of calendula, 50 g of mint and 50 g of oregano. The broth is infused for half an hour, filtered and added to the bath;
- pour 1 liter of boiling water 5 tbsp. spoons of the bed, let the solution stand for half an hour, strain and add to the bath.