If a small object falls into the washing machine, this may endanger the operation and serviceability of the apparatus. Such an object can be a bone, jumped out of the bra.
What is dangerous?
The danger of a bone that has got into a washing machine from a bra is primarily determined by the material of its manufacture. If it is a plastic part, then, most likely, it will not be able to damage anything inside the device, but because of its non-standard form it will remain at the bottom of the washing machine and will be detected during the machine's analysis for another reason.
It is quite another matter if the bone of the bra is made of metal. The entry of such an object into the machine threatens not only with scratches of the drum and damage to the hatch cuff, but also with such serious breakdowns as leakage from the tank, detachment of the electric heater, jamming of the drum and even a short circuit.
Even if the metal bone does not interfere with the moving parts of the apparatus, its long stay inside the machine will cause rust. Especially if you do not have the habit of ventilating the unit after use, and in the bathroom the humidity is increased.
If you hear a strong grinding noise and the sound of rubbing against metal, this is the first sign that a foreign object is dangerous for the washing machine. In this case, you should immediately interrupt the washing cycle to prevent damage to the heater or other parts.
How to determine where the stone was stuck?
The bone from the bra found in the drum can be found in such places:
- At the bottom of the drum.
- At the bottom of the tank.
- Between the tank and the drum.
In search of such a small subject, a flashlight and a little patience will help you. Screw the drum around in a circle, examine it inside, and try to look at the bottom of the tank. If you have not found a bone on the bottom, it is likely that it is stuck.
In this case, remove the pulley by unscrewing the retaining bolt. Returning the bolt to its place, do not twist it to the end. A small hammer gently tap on the shaft so that it drums slightly shifted and moved away from the tank. Then slowly rotate the drum, waiting until the stone falls down.
How to pull: key ways
In the situation with the inside of the machine, the bone from the brassiere was especially lucky for the owners of vehicles with vertical loading, in which there is a special hatch. This hatch is just designed to remove foreign objects that are trapped inside the unit.
All other users are available such ways to get a bone from the bra:
- Through the drain of the typewriter. After detaching the front panel, remove the rubber band from the drum. Further, having unscrewed a drain branch pipe, you for certain will find out a bone and you can extract it.
- With a magnet (if the bone is made of metal) or a homemade hook, for which you will need a thin wire. Pushing the stone with the spoke to the place convenient for extraction, take the hook, lower it into the drum opening and try to pull the bone to the drum and push it into the hole for at least a few millimeters, and then remove it with tweezers.
- By removing the heater. After unplugging the machine from the mains and unscrewing the cover, find the heater, unplug the wires, unscrew the nut in the center (not fully) and press the pin, then slightly swing the heater and remove it from the machine. Install the heater in the same order.
Visually, some ways, you can look in the next video.
So that you no longer face the problem of extracting a bone from a bra from a washing machine, observe some rules. In most cases, openwork bras advise not to wash at all in the typewriter, therefore 100% protection from getting pips from bras in the tank of the machine will be hand washing.
If you still prefer machine wash, wash the laundry in a specially designed bag or container. However, you just can put the bras in a pillowcase made of cotton. In addition, when loading laundry in the machine, inspect the bra and make sure that there are no visible damages in the area of the tips of the bones.