The dacha has long ceased to be a place for people to grow vegetables and fruits. More and more people are trying to relax outside the city in suburban areas.
Some move to the dacha for good or for a spring-summer period. And, of course, everyone wants to relax and live in a country house in comfortable conditions, without depriving themselves of the usual amenities that are in a comfortable apartment. And the lack of hot water can, and does, spoil the whole rest.
- 1 Selecting the location for the water heater installation
- 2 Wiring diagrams for the water heater
- 3 What is required for the connection?
- 4 We take into account the type of water supply
- 5 We mount the stop valve
- 6 Electrical connection
Selecting the location for the water heater installation
- The load-bearing wall must be strong and stable. Even if the water heater is small, its weight is large enough. Therefore, it is necessary to take care, if necessary, of strengthening the wall or additional support.
- dimensions of the water heater. It is necessary to measure in advance the place where the water heater is planned to be installed, so as not to lose with the dimensions.
- if space allows, you can allocate one room for the boiler room in advance.
- Which type of water heater will be installed. A gas water heater requires certain communications. For example, the air vent.
When installing, also remember that the sockets in which the heater will be turned on must be isolated from water ingress.
Wiring diagrams for the water heater
Not all of the suburban areas have water pipes. Many summer residents do not have the opportunity to connect the water supply to the dacha. What should they do in this case?
Thus, depending on the type of water supply, there may be several circuits for connecting the water heater.
To a container of water
The main rule for connecting a water heater to a tank with water is the distance between them should be more than 2 meters.
If the distance between the tank and the boiler is less than 2 meters, a slightly different connection scheme of the water heater will be used.
Another nuance that should be taken into account when connecting the boiler is that the pressure should be less than 6 bar. In the case where the pressure is more, it is necessary to install a reducer, which will lower the pressure. The reducer is placed in front of the water heater. It is necessary to do this as the reducer protects the water heater from breakages.
To the water supply system
If the water leaves much to be desired, you need to install a filter in front of the heater. This will extend its service life.
- If there is still no water in the heater and it is empty, in no case can it be connected to the electrical network;
- water that has passed through the heater can not be used for drinking and cooking;
- When installing the boiler, only use the recommended parts.
In the absence of grounding, it is not possible to install a water heater.
What is required for the connection?
In order to connect the water heater to the water supply system, you will need to stock up on a set of necessary tools and materials. During the installation you will need:
- pipes of the required diameter;
- tees for pipes;
- shut-off valves;
- sealant for plumbing work;
- flexible hoses;
- pipe cutter - manual or electric;
- soldering iron;
- several keys of different sizes.
We take into account the type of water supply
The way to connect the boiler to the water supply depends largely on the type of water pipe. We will consider several mounting options - for polypropylene, metal and metal-plastic pipes.
To ensure a reliable connection of pipes made of polypropylene, special end clutches and turns must be used. In this case, the pipes are better to choose stabilized, that is, additionally reinforced with one more layer (most often it is aluminum foil).
The biggest difficulties will arise if the water pipe is started to operate even before the boiler is installed. Then part of the pipes will have to be removed from the wall in order to make connection according to all the rules. We carry out the work in the following order:
- cut the pipes and attach the tees to them using a soldering iron;
- to the tees we attach pipes that will be mounted to the device;
- we connect the pipe with the water heater through the tap (here we need an end clutch);
- We carry out the same steps to connect the hot water pipes to the water heater.
When it comes to a metal pipe, usually refer to steel pipes. Connection to such pipes is more difficult to produce - this is due, first of all, to the peculiarities of the material. For a more reliable connection, use a special clamp, which can withstand heavy loads. The clamp must have a so-called "sidebar" (special branch pipe).
Connection of the boiler to the metal water pipe is carried out in the following sequence:
- Prepare the place of connection (tie-in): remove dirt and paint residue;
- we install on the main pipe a yoke, having put under it a sealing lining;
- armed with a drill, drill a hole in the pipe, passing through the pipe (while the diameter of the hole is adjusted for the diameter of the bushing);
- we put a thread and install on it the drivings (threaded connecting elements);
- we mount the cranes into place;
- To the cranes we attach pipes, which are then connected to the device.
Metalloplastik is the most modern of all the above materials. It is light and durable, so it is very easy to use. Another great advantage of metal-plastic pipes is the convenience of the installation method: the installation is carried out in the open.
Basic stages of connection:
- cut the pipe;
- we install tees on it;
- make bends to the water heater;
- we connect the pipes to the device.
We mount the stop valve
An important step in connecting a water heater of any type to a water pipe is the installation of devices designed to shut off the flow of water. Installation of such fittings for pipes with hot and cold water has its own characteristics.
For cold water supply
- we install the tee on the branch pipe leaving the tank;
- the drain cock is connected to the side outlet of the tee;
- install a safety or non-return valve on the tee;
- behind the valve we place the cut-off valve;
- We make installation with a sidebar (we assemble the assembled elements in a water pipe).
For hot water supply
- we install the cut-off valve directly on the branch pipe leaving the tank;
- we perform the connection of the tank to the pipe.
To begin with, we want to introduce you to the basic rules for connecting a water heater to an electrical network. Compliance with these recommendations will allow you to make the installation as safely and efficiently as possible.
- The socket for the boiler must be located in a place inaccessible to water spray. Specialists strongly advise using special waterproof outlets for these purposes.
- The water heater can only be switched on when grounding is connected to the electrical outlet. This can be done using a three-wire cable (in this case, the socket must also be designed for three poles).
Connections of electrical wires must be made outside the premises with a high level of humidity. If we are talking about the kitchen, and not about the bathroom, this rule can be ignored.
Having made sure that all safety rules will be observed, you can proceed directly to work. The procedure will be as follows:
- we measure the distance between the place of installation of the heater and the socket;
- disassemble the plug of the device for the elements;
- remove the insulating material from the cable;
- we clean the veins with side cutters;
- armed with a soldering iron, connect the wires to the fork terminals (red - to phase, yellow / green / black - to ground, blue - to zero);
- remove the panel of the water heater and open the contacts;
- we clean the wires at the opposite end of the cable;
- connect them with the contacts of the device and return the panel to its place.
It is possible to connect to an electrical outlet in another way - connect the water heater directly to the switchboard. In this case, you need to act in the following way:
- lay the cable from the device to the switchboard;
- near the water heater we install a machine;
- we conduct the cable through the machine;
- remove from the cable about 100 mm of insulating material;
- we denude the phase from the automaton;
- to the upper terminal we attach the phase from the machine, and to the bottom - from the water heater;
- remove the insulating material at both ends of the cable, release the wires;
- remove the boiler cover, connect the wires to the terminal of the device;
- turn off the supply of current and make the connection of the heater to the electrical panel.
The following video shows the connection diagrams of the water heater and their descriptions, which will help you figure out how to connect the boiler correctly.