Modern washing machine machines work very quietly compared to the very first models, which rattled quite strongly, especially during the spin-off process. Now the appearance of extraneous sounds is considered a signal that the washing machine is not all right. If the appliance starts to hum while squeezing, you need to immediately identify the cause. Even when the problem is not serious, it is better to eliminate it immediately. Humming is an annoying factor that hinders rest, and besides, it can cause trouble for your neighbors.
In this article we will tell you about why the unit suddenly starts to hum while spinning, and how it can be fixed.
Why the machine is very noisy - frequent reasons
Let's list the most common reasons for the appearance of hum.
Extraneous sounds during spinning can occur in the following cases:
- before operating the washing machine, they forgot to unscrew the bolts, which must fix the tank when transporting the unit;
- One of the bearings has worn or damaged;
- A foreign object entered the cavity between the tank and the drum;
- the drive belt attached to the pulley of the drum is loosened;
- the counterweights installed on both sides of the tank are weakly fixed;
- The rubber cuff slipped off the edge of the hatch, or it does not fit in size;
- mistakes were made when installing the washing machine.
What to do?
If the reason is in the forgotten bolts holding the tank, you just need to remove them. Usually these bolts fix the springs on which the tank hangs. They are located on the back of the washing machine and are unscrewed with a wrench without any problems.
If it's a worn-out bearing, replace that part with the stuffing box. To remove the bearing, you need to disassemble the washing machine, pull out the tank and remove the drum. To do this, read an article about how to replace the bearing in a washing machine, or watch a video tutorial on replacing it.
If foreign objects get inside the device, It is necessary to remove them, so that they do not damage the mechanism. To do this, the stylalka also has to be disassembled in order to inspect the tank and remove the obstruction.
If the cause is in the pulley, It is required to examine its attachment and the integrity of the strap. The attachment can be loosened, and the drive belt can tear as a result of prolonged operation of the unit. Instead of a worn belt, you should buy a new one, and the weakened fastening of the pulley - tighten with tools.
If it is a counterweight, this problem is easy to fix. Counterweights are needed for the washing machine to vibrate less during the spin process. If these structural elements are faulty, the vibrations are amplified, resulting in a hum. The most common breakdown that happens with counterweights is the weakening of the anchorages. As in the previous case, the loosened fastener should be simply tightened.
If the rubber cuff is to blame, it will be most expedient to replace it. However, there is also a "people's" method of solving this problem. This is done with a piece of sandpaper, which is placed between the sealing cuff and the front panel. Then launches the wash mode with an empty drum. After that, you just need to remove the sandpaper and clean the drum of pieces of rubber and sandpaper. It is believed that this way, you can quickly align the defective cuff.
If you decide to replace the cuff, see the next video on how to do it correctly.
If it's not a breakdown, and in an improperly connected washing machine, all connections must be dismantled and reconnected, following the user's guide exactly. If you doubt that you can properly connect to the sewer and water pipes, it is better to entrust this work to a professional.
Eliminating the cause of the buzz when pressing, it is necessary to make sure that extraneous noise does not reappear.
To do this, try to follow simple tips:
- Do not overload the washing machine. Load as many kilograms of laundry into the drum as this model is designed, but no more.
- Do not wash too often, let your assistant relax. Experts advise to run the styralka not more than once a day - for a day it will have time to dry out and "have a rest".
- Try to wash more often at the highest possible temperature and with the greatest number of revolutions.
- Do not forget to periodically clean the drain filter.
- Each time, before loading the laundry into the drum, check to see if small items have been lost in the pockets or in the folds of things.
Arrange for periodic prevention of scale formation and calcareous deposits. How to implement such prevention, look in the Ukrainian program "Everything will be good."