A little over a hundred years ago, the first washing machines appeared, which had minimal functions, but laid the foundation for the development of the mechanization of the washing process.
To date, it is enough to lay laundry in a washing machine, and it will perform all the necessary operations per person:
- will mollify
- will press;
- in some cases it will dry.
All this is done by a washing machine. To choose the appropriate option, you need to consider the types to which they are divided.
Capacity for placing laundry
According to the type of container in which linen for washing is laid, washing machines are divided into:
The activator wash is performed by rotating the plastic circle, which is located on the bottom of the container, and only the spinning takes place in the drum.
In drum-type washing machines, all processes, from water collection to spinning, occur in the drum. This type is divided into two more, depending on whether the laying of linen will take place from the top or side.
You must choose which boot option is most convenient for you. There are vertical and front loads.
- With vertical loading it is possible after the beginning of washing to open the top cover and report the forgotten linen, plus that such a machine is designed for a large amount of laundry - from 5 kg. But using the top of the machine as a shelf will not work. You can not install such a machine under the sink or build it in furniture, for example, in the kitchen. Yes, and the cost of such equipment will be 20% more than with front loading.
- Washing machines with front loading - the most common option among consumers. A huge range of this type allows you to choose one that fits perfectly into the interior of the house. The machine with front loading can be built into furniture. Observe the washing process helps the glass window. The only drawback may be the need for additional space to open the door and load laundry.
By type of engine
Two types of engine can be installed in washing machines:
The first option works on alternating current, without additional devices, but, since the work is done through the brushes, the engine emits unpleasant noises, and the machine works very loudly. This option is not always appropriate, in this case it is worth considering machines with an inverter engine. There are no brushes in it, since it operates on direct current, but a converter is required. Such engines are very reliable, manufacturers give them guarantees up to 10 years, but the cost of the machine is increasing.
The silence of the washing machine depends not only on the engine, but also on the drive. Let's consider in more detail
By drive type
Drives are divided into:
The simpler the drive, the more reliable it is. It is to this option that the direct drive, which is attached to the drum axis and works quietly, frees the parts from the additional load, increases the service life, and reduces vibration. But, despite the huge number of pluses, cars with such drives produce only well-known brands, and their range is quite small.
The most often produced washing machines with belt drive.
Depending on the size
Depending on the size of the washing machine, the amount of laundry that can be put into it varies. Here you should start from where the machine will be installed, and what space it can take.
- Narrow washing machines with a depth of up to 48 cm can easily stand under the sink or in small rooms, but the amount of laundry that they can wash for one load - from 4 to 7 kg will decrease.
- Full-size washing machines, ready to lay laundry up to 12 kg, but also their dimensions increase significantly. The depth of such a machine can reach 62 cm. Manufacturers make large diameter doors in such machines so that large things can be placed in it.
Air-bubble washing machine
This type of washing machine is not very common in our country, but US citizens are actively using them. They are very economical in terms of electricity consumption. The whole process of washing is limited to 50 minutes. They are expensive, however, it pays off with the following advantages:
- You can consider them even if there is no running water in the house.
- Only cold water is used. The underwear does not sit down.
- Things last longer remain in perfect condition, since when washing there is no friction between the clothes.
- Drying. When buying a washing machine, the question arises whether drying is necessary. Of course, having such a function, the consumer gets the opportunity not to hang clothes all over the balcony or bathroom. However, the choice of a washing machine with drying should be approached responsibly. Its choice to stop at a more expensive version of the famous manufacturer. Otherwise, the drying function may not work properly: do not dry or dry the laundry. This leads to spoilage of the tissue. It is also necessary to take into account that using this function increases the energy expended.
- The material from which the drum is made. To date, the drum is made of stainless steel or plastic. The first option for us is more familiar, and at first glance, more practical. However, modern plastic is also reliable, plus, water heating is faster, and the spinning of the laundry is performed at very high revs. The stainless steel drum has no such possibility. Although the optimal speed, which does not carry an additional load on the laundry, is 800 rpm - for cotton, and for more delicate fabrics - 400 rpm.
- Night wash. Absence of spinning during this program, allows you not to worry about neighbors who can complain, and about woken up children. The machine will turn off after rinsing without draining the water. In the morning it will only be necessary to select the optimum spin mode and finish washing.
- Delayed start. To perform laundry washing for a given time, there is this function.
The choice of a washing machine should be approached responsibly, since this household equipment is bought not for one year. And you should work for you at no additional cost, at least for the time that manufacturers set for it. But it is hard for a layman to make a choice among the manufacturers represented by washing machines of diversity. The following video will help to make the right choice in favor of this or that washing machine.