Tile is one of the most popular materials for floor and wall cladding in the bathroom. At first, he pleases the eye with his purity and brilliance, but time goes by, and we begin to notice that strange spots and stains appeared from the tile from somewhere. It's all about the temperature difference, because of which condensate forms, and as in many houses tap water flows from the tap, when the droplets dry out, there is a touch of salt on the surface of the tile. But nothing is impossible! What to wash the tile in the bathroom to restore the original shine?
Despite the strength and reliability of tile, do not expect that for its washing, absolutely any cleaning agent will do. For example, glossy tiles should never be rubbed with abrasive agents. Over time, you will notice the appearance of small scratches from the crystals of the powder. But even they are not the worst. To return the former shine will be much more difficult.
To clean the tile suitable special detergents, but not from the category of those with which you wash the sink or bath.
Use not a metal sponge, but a soft one, which will ensure gentle removal of dirt, without scratches. If the tile is matte, then after cleaning it can be covered with wax mastic. Means for washing tiles can be divided into two categories, which will be discussed below.
In every hardware store there is household chemicals that will help bring the tiles into the proper form. It can be such means, as everyone knows or. One question may arise: how safe and effective are they?
The advantages of using specialized tools are impressive. Among the components in their composition there are deodorizing substances and bioenzymes.
Household chemicals will help:
- get rid of mineral deposits;
- eliminate unpleasant odor;
- to fight with harmful microorganisms;
- set in the bathroom a pleasant smell.
Universal means "from everything" does not happen, each of them must be studied instruction for use. It happens that after frequent use of funds with a high content of chalk on the tile will remain indelible divorce. And household chemicals with a high content of alkalis over time can greatly damage the tile.
Sometimes you can not spend money on specialized means for laundering tiles, and take advantage of what is at hand. This is where the proven folk ways go. So, what can help in the fight against dirt and taint on the tile?
- Use the washing-up liquid, to clean up fresh stains and plaque. Perfectly well-known myth or fairy. Simply dilute a small amount of the agent in water, dab a soft sponge into the solution and wipe the tile with it. After 10 minutes it can be washed off. The tile is wiped dry.
- If there is grime on the tile, then ordinary baking soda is useful. To use it, you must first wet the tile, and then wipe the tile with a small amount of soda. But try not to leave a scratch.
- Another great tool for restoring the color of the tile is bleach. It is dissolved in water, and the resulting mixture is sprayed onto the tile with a spray. After a few minutes, the remnants of the product are washed from the tiles with a cloth dampened in water. Chlorine lime contributes to the appearance of a sharp odor, but you are guaranteed to get rid of harmful microbes and mold.
- Vinegar essence will help in the fight against severe pollution. To do this, acetic acid, diluted in a proportion of 3 tablespoons per liter of water, sprayed onto the tile, then evenly distributed over the surface with a brush, and literally after a few minutes washed off.
- And another completely universal remedy is citric acid. It is enough to dunk the sponge in it, treat the areas with spots and dirt, and then wash off the acid.
How to clean interliter seams
Interlacing seams deserve special attention. The fact is that they are a favorite place for the appearance of fungus or mold. If you notice the first signs of blackening, then immediately go through all the seams with a sponge soaked in vinegar. Also, hydrogen peroxide can help restore the seams to the whiteness. And after processing it can not even be washed off. Sometimes for the cleaning of intertitic sutures the usual Domestos is used. It can not remove old dirt, but the picture will definitely improve.
We give the tile shine
Clear the tile and give it a shine - this is sometimes absolutely the opposite thing. To give shine is often used in the following ways:
- You can wash the tile with a specialized product for glossing from a household chemical store. Beforehand, it is necessary to carefully study the instruction in order to know in what proportions to use this remedy. Most often, a specialized solution is applied to the tile just for 10 minutes, and then thoroughly washed off.
- The trouble-free means for giving the gloss tile is a polishing wax, which motorists often use to make their machines shine. It is diluted in water in a certain proportion, and then applied to clean and dry tiles. After a couple of minutes, the tile is wiped with a soft rag. Wax will not only make the tile shine, but also give it water-repellent properties.
Basic rules and security measures
When washing and cleaning the tile you need to follow certain rules.
- Do not use soapy water. The soap contains fatty acids, because of which mold can appear on the tile. In addition, from the soap can remain unpleasant gray stains.
- Means, which contain acids, it is better to use as little as possible, for example, to remove stains of rust.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners that can scratch the surface of the tile.
- Do not use metal sponges and brushes when cleaning tiles, otherwise scratch marks will remain on it.
- Avoid contact with skin any means by which you clean the tile. It is not superfluous to wear gloves, a mask that protects the eyes, and a respirator. Especially if you use household chemicals. Although even bleach or acetic essence has a sharp unpleasant odor, which should be protected.
- Wash the tile better from the bottom up, but wipe the opposite - from top to bottom.
- Daily care for the tiles is possible with a standard means for cleaning glass and mirror surfaces.
In modern conditions, you can not even use any detergents to clean the tiles.
There are, after all, ways that can provide a gentle care and without household chemicals:
- The first on the list are microfiber napkins or napkins made of bamboo. The advantage of them is that they will not leave any stains and dirt on the surface of the tile. With the help of them, you can safely polish the tile, after which it will shine.
- Quite effective in fighting the divorce, plaque and stains of rust melamine sponges. Quite easily, by the way, they also clean the dirt that accumulates around the drain in the bath and in the intertwining seams. The most interesting thing is that you do not need to do anything, the sponge itself removes the dirt. This is due to the fact that it contains melamine - these are crystals that turn under the action of water into a foam. Due to this foam, dirt is removed. In this case, you can not even apply special efforts.
- One of the latest innovations is the treatment of tiles by ferry. Special steam cleaners are used for this. The effectiveness of hot steam is that it easily dissolves the pollutants, which also include fungus and mold. If, together with the steam cleaner, also use specialized cleaning agents, then any stains of rust, lime scale, etc., will be eliminated even faster. It all depends on the degree of contamination. The principle of the operation of steam cleaners is that first a special solution is applied to the surface of the tile, which must be left for a while on the tile (it is recommended to use it in case of heavy soiling). After a few minutes, the surface is treated with a steam cleaner (for point seams, point nozzles are selected). As a result, dirt can be easily washed off or wiped with a napkin. Steam cleaners are suitable for cleaning not only tiles, but also other surfaces.
Do not forget to create a special schedule to maintain cleanliness. Read more in our article: cleaning in the bathroom.